Operations management plays a vital role in producing and delivering goods and services to customers. It involves designing, planning, directing, and controlling the organization’s resources and processes required to transform capital, skills, and materials into products and services. It is important that any operations strategy be aligned with the overall organizational business strategy for its success.
This course also walks you through some characteristics of operations strategies and different types of transformations of inputs into goods and services in a variety of industries.
This course intends to help learners gain a basic understanding of the key concepts, functions, and goals of operations management in the services and manufacturing sectors. It introduces key functions that are part of operations in every organization and decisions associated with them.
- Operations Management and the Organization
- Operations Management: Product and Service Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management: Inventory Management
- Operations Management: Forecasting and Capacity Planning
- Operations Management: Operations Scheduling
- Operations Management: Management of Quality
- Operations Management: Facilities Planning and Management
Candidates opting for Vskills certification will undergo the assessment exam at Vskills centers, across India. The details for same are as.
- The Certification Exam is for one hour (1 hour) duration.
- The exam has 50 multiple choice questions (1 marks each),
with no negative marking.
- The passing percentage is 50% i.e., 25 marks need to be
scored in order to clear the exam.
- One exam attempt is provided per registration with no limit
- Certification Exam is computer based exam, held every month
at Vskills exam centers.
- Exam result is shown after submitting the exam.
Successful candidates receive the hard copy certificate usually in 7-10 working days and the link to soft copy can be accessed within 2-3 working days, post exam date.